Location: Tororo, Uganda
The Community Access (Cx) Advisor based in Tororo Uganda will report to the Uganda Country Lead and will be responsible for the community access and monitoring, evaluation and research work for both Tororo and Busia districts.
The community component of this role includes working to assure meaningful and effective integration of women’s reproductive health and rights perspectives. The Advisor provides guidance and technical assistance in implementing and managing projects and collaborates with partners and other stakeholders to advance the key objectives of the community access work. This position coordinates and implements training and awareness raising programs and workshops in different community groups (faculty, unions, adolescents, women’s groups, others) to increase knowledge, reduce barriers and address stigmas related to sexual and reproductive rights.
Further, the Cx Advisor will provide Monitoring, Evaluation & Research support to the team. Specifically, s/he will ensure that: all CAC logbooks are collected from all Ipas intervention sites, tracked, entered onto Ipas templates, cleaned and uploaded into Terra; MER framework is updated routinely based on performance data; coordinates evaluation studies to ensure adherence to the protocols; analyzes data for routine monitoring of progress and when required and dissemination of findings to the Community Based Organizations (CBOs), Ministry Of Health (MOH) and other stakeholders.
• Develops community access project designs, timelines, budgets, and work plans in collaboration with the in-country team
• Establishes and develops links with organizations, institutions, and interested groups to promote knowledge, skills and social support so women can exercise their sexual and reproductive rights
• Designs and implements community-based interventions, training programs and awareness raising workshops in coordination with institutions/organizations with established partnerships
• Supports partner organizations in the development of effective strategies and helps monitor work plans and budgets, ensuring the scope of the project is within Ipas’ strategy and donor requirements
• Participates in the development and facilitation of capacity building training for partner NGOs and community- based organizations (CBOs)
• Distributes and mentor providers and CBO members on CAC logbooks and General Activity form respectively for reporting.
• Collects tracks General Activity forms from all granted CBOs and for all activities conducted in Uganda and enters to Terra.
• Collects, tracks and enters all CAC logbook data in the Ipas .xml template and forward to MER advisor for cleaning and upload on Terra.
• Liaises with Uganda Senior Health Systems Advisor to ensure that Site Progress Reports (SPRs)/ Provider Progress Reports (PPRs) are collected from all intervention sites and uploaded onto Terra at least six-monthly.
• In liaison with Uganda Senior Health Systems Advisor, ensures that the Baseline Assessment form is filled for all new intervention sites.
• Coordinates researches and evaluation studies to ensure conformity with the study protocol and lead dissemination of the same and feedback meetings with the community, CBO members, MOH and other stakeholders in Busia and Tororo districts.
• Generates analysis tables and graphs for sharing during routine review meetings including Quarterly Review Meetings (QRMs) and feedback sessions with the community, CBOs, MOH.
• Researches prepare reviews, and disseminates relevant research publications, Information, Education, and Communication (IEC) messages, community program materials and training curriculum to be used by Ipas’ in- country programs
• Works with vendors and designers to ensure that materials are produced in a way that best reflects Ipas’ mission; ensures that all training and orientation materials include content that is applicable to different community groups
• Provides technical assistance to allied groups on methodologies and logistics required to share knowledge
• Performs other duties as assigned
Internal & External Customers / Suppliers as well as Third Parties
• Collaborates with Community Access and Programs Advisors and Managers to develop, improve and implement community access activities and projects
• Works with the Health Systems unit in reference to creating links between the units’ initiatives and coordinating activities with health personnel
• Communicates with the Monitoring, Evaluation & Research unit around field data and internal studies
• Communicates with outside project consultants to ensure projects are implemented in the appropriate manner and that community specific content is emphasized where applicable
• Manages relationships with partner NGOs, CBOs, and women’s groups, monitoring and assisting in program implementation and management
• Works with development staff quarterly/biannually about donor reporting data questions
Minimum Requirements for Position:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field
• Minimum 4-5 years of relevant experience, including:
• Experience in program planning and management
• Experience in workshop and meeting facilitation and planning
• Strong public speaking and writing skills
• Experience working in a non-profit organization
• Established relationships with public health organizations and the public sector
• Must have the ability to work with different community populations including adolescents and women’s groups
• Must be able to negotiate and communicate with the leadership of the community and private organizations
• Knowledge and experience in community mobilization, capacity building and training of community groups
• Working knowledge of grant management
• Working knowledge of community entry strategies
• Experience in monitoring and mentoring communication initiatives in the field
• Working knowledge of spreadsheets, word processing, and presentation software
• Experience with bibliographic software (EndNote, ProCite)
How to apply:
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by login into the Ipas website and applying online through below link:
All applications are to be received not later than 21st July 2019