The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is a public international organization (PIO) focused on increasing and sustaining food and agricultural productivity in developing countries through the development and transfer of effective and environmentally sound crop nutrient technology and agribusiness expertise. IFDC has been active in Uganda since 2012 implementing the Netherlands Embassy-funded CATALIST-Uganda Agribusiness Project (Catalyzed Accelerated Agricultural Intensification for Social and Environmental Stability) from 2012-2016, the REACH Market Systems Project (Resilient Efficient Agribusiness Chains) 2016-2020 and the 2SCALE Regional Agribusiness Incubation (Toward Sustainable Clusters in Agribusiness through Learning in Entrepreneurship Project (2012-2018).
IFDC is recruiting for 1-2 anticipated USAID Market Systems & Input Project(s) (2018-2022) that will serve to sustainably increase smallholder farmer incomes; increase the availability, affordability and accessibility of farm inputs; improve the nutritional status of women and children; and increase the resilience of the agriculture and food system to the changing climate using a market systems approach.
- The Communications Specialist is responsible for strategic communication planning and delivery including developing and implementing a communications strategy.
- Support technical staff in designing and producing audio, video, and visually oriented training materials as well as articles and success stories illustrating project approaches and achievements.
- Assist in all external reports, newsletters and other promotion documents such as project briefs, organizing the project photo and video library, mainlining the project website.
- Organizing promotional events, media campaigns and press releases to promote project themes, messages, and achievements; maintain a regular social media presence.
- Bachelor's degree in public and media relations or other relevant qualification;
- Proven skills in video and audio program making;
- Skills in event management, and strong interpersonal relations;
- Computer skills in word processing, PowerPoint, image editors, desktop publishing and other graphic software;
- A good knowledge of one or more of the local languages in Uganda is advantageous;
- A good knowledge of the Uganda agricultural sector is advantageous;
- Ability to meet work related deadlines essential;
- Fluency in English (oral and written) required;
- Willingness to travel extensively in Uganda.
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience in mass media and public relations;
- Experience in developing training materials.
This position is open to Ugandan Nationals only, or individuals with work authorization in Uganda. Please only include a cover letter and a CV at this stage. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until release of the tender documents. Only selected candidates will be contacted. They will be invited for interviews including oral and written tests.
USE THE FOLLOWING LINK TO APPLY;https://bit.ly/2KBup4r