Department: Development Reports to: Uganda Operations Director and US Development
Staff Hours: Full Time
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for donor communication and marketing efforts and is located in Jinja, Uganda.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully the individual must be able to perform each of the requirements listed below which are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
The following duties and responsibilities are those considered to be essential but do not represent all job functions that may be required for this position:
• Production of marketing and communications materials (60%)
• Developing and rolling out marketing and communications strategy (25%)
• Fundraising and donor management support (10%)
• Other (5%)
Production of marketing and communications materials (60%)
• Working closely with the Mentorship Supervisor Lead in the compilation of Annual Students Progress Reports – Annual photos of sponsored students and editing of Mentors reports to merge into Publisher and send to U.S. for printing and distribution.
• Photos/Video - take photos and videos as needed for U.S. marketing and fundraising opportunities.
• Communicate with sponsors about something special regarding their child, e.g. send sponsors photos and activities that the student is involved in such as Camp AllStar, Career Guidance
• Update Facebook and Instagram 3 times per week, Twitter 1 – 2 times per week.
• Monthly Production of high quality case studies and blogs demonstrating the impact of the CoG work on children and their communities
• write articles for newsletter three times per year. Send to U.S. for distribution.
• Managing and updating the organizational photo and video library/ archive with high quality photos and videos.
Developing and rolling out marketing and communications strategies (25%) Working closely with the US Development staff;
• Developing communications strategy and targets to track CoGs visibility including website and social media engagements.
• Sharing CoGs work and impact in creative ways with our sponsors and supporters.
• Managing our brand, ensuring it is understood and used effectively by staff and general public to help achieve our goals and mission.
• Defining staff responsibilities for marketing and communications activities and supporting them to deliver high quality in a timely manner.
Fundraising and donor/sponsor management support (10%)
• Supporting fundraising activities such as proposal writing and putting together resources for fundraising events.
• Supporting donor management activities such as documenting mission teams’ activities, events planning and organization in Uganda.
• Joint planning with the Director of Operations to ensure coordination of field based communications activities. Other responsibilities (5%)
• Other duties as required, including occasional work on weekends and public holidays for which time off in lieu can be taken in consultation with the Director of Operations.
• Preferred: Bachelors degree in PR/Communications, Journalism, or related field.
• At least 3 -year experience in relevant field (marketing and communications, fundraising, advertising, public relations, development, NGOs)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Commitment to understanding and supporting the mission of Children of Grace
• Compassion and appreciation for orphan issues
• Attention to detail and strong project skills
• Ability to follow through on tasks with minimal supervision
• Ability to be a team player
• Professional attitude and appearance
• Basic design/layout experience (Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Photoshop etc.)
• Experience of producing publicity materials for external audiences such as donors, supporters, customers or the general public.
• Excellent writing, editing, designing and photography skills
• Ability to read, synthesis information to produce clear, well written summaries
• Experience in video editing and design - ideally with experience in Adobe
• A good understanding of marketing, communications and branding, and of donor or client management
• Excellent IT, written and verbal communication skills