GOAL International is an international non-profit organization that was founded in 1977 and works to promote the realization of the fundamental rights of the poor, the vulnerable, and those affected by humanitarian crisis. GOAL currently works in 16 countries, with our head office in Dublin, Ireland.
GOAL leads a Consortium with Mercy Corps, VSO and Restless Development to implement the Driving Youth-led New Agribusiness and Microenterprise (DYNAMIC) program in partnership with The MasterCard Foundation. DYNAMIC is a five-year program (2015-2020) that aims to increase the employment, self-employment, income and resilience of youth aged 15-24 by promoting effective and efficient agricultural market systems for and with youth.
Job Summary: DYNAMIC requires a creative and technically strong communications expert to design, produce and disseminate multi-media materials based on the programmatic learning designed into DYNAMIC for multiple internal and external audiences. Reporting to the DYNAMIC Program Director and working very closely with the GOAL Uganda MEAL Coordinator, the post holder needs to be someone who will inject energy and creativity into our content strategy and communicate with various audiences in an innovative and engaging way. The successful individual will be expected to spend significant time with the program teams across all nine target districts in Northern Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works collaboratively across the consortium organizations, and especially with the technical and MEAL team to develop a comprehensive research driven learning plan and ensure that research results from the MEAL team are translated into timely and valuable content for specific and identified internal and external communications and dissemination.
- Lead and facilitate the prioritization, process and technical aspects of a wide array of learning content and data compilation related to DYNAMIC market system program impacts, in view of informing future program efforts.
- Oversees the plan, development, creative design, production and dissemination of high-quality communication and learning materials such as learning briefs, case studies, success/challenge stories, newsletters, blogs, photo journals and videos.
- Keeps regular contact with Program Director, MEAL Coordinator, Deputy Program Directors, Market Development Advisor and Market Systems Advisor (Dublin based) to update on the progress of the development of learning agenda and materials and provide ongoing support for the successful disseminations and external communications.
- Keep the DYNAMIC communications and branding strategy up to date and relevant; contribute to brand management, marketing of DYNAMIC program and overall communications efforts.
- Liaise with Dublin Communications team to develop messaging and plan potential dissemination and media outreach around DYNAMIC program stories relevant to external audience including the program funder
- Serve as liaison to key local, national and international media (in accordance to GOAL media policy)-, serving as DYNAMIC program spokesperson, writing and editing press materials.
- Prepare timely, accurate and interactive bimonthly DYNAMIC newsletters.
- Participate in donor meetings, government meetings/event, agricultural events and conferences and provide feedback or report on key take ways and learnings of external events.
- Undertake other tasks as agreed with the Program Director.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the GOAL International Communications and Learning Coordinator job placement must have at least five years of experience in a similar role.
- An excellent understanding of creative communication and copywriting
- Experienced in creating and publishing content
- Experienced in shooting, editing and publishing high quality video content.
- Excellent written and spoken English and ability to proof documents to an international standard.
- Possess a good understanding of and eye for creative design and competency using design and video editing software packages (e.g. Adobe Suite)
- A relevant communications / media third level degree
- Media registration in Uganda
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested applicants who meet the requirements should submit their applications which must include at least 4 reference contacts (2 professional, 2 character references, including your supervisor and the most recent/previous employer), and daytime contact number to; The Human Resource Manager, GOAL Uganda on the email: firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES, indicate the job title in the subject line.