Deadline of this Job: 25th February 2019
Duty Station: Moroto , Uganda , East Africa , 256
Trinity Churches in Nakapiripirit, Pentecostal Assemblies of God Churches in Nakapiripirit, Baptist Churches in Moroto, Worship Centre Churches in Moroto, and Namalu and Lorengedwat church of Uganda churches in Nakapiripirit and Nabilatuk districts respectively, jointly announce the availability of ministry opportunities (Job vacancies) in child Ministry in the following position:
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve as an advocate for children and Caregivers.
• Take lead of the children’s and Sponsors’ correspondence, communications and child updates.
• Ensure monitoring and tracking of child participation in the programme.
• Initiate generation of annual health work plan and coordinates its implementation with emphasis on prevention of diseases among the beneficiaries with utmost confidentiality.
• Works closely with the local church in developing their child Care ministry.
• Responsible for physical, cognitive, and economic development of the sponsored children.
• Plans and Coordinates health related trainings, information, education and communication (IEC).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Must be a mature born again Christian with a sound testimony.
• Must have a professional background in any of the following: Nursing, primary Health Care, Community Health, clinical medicine, Education, Social work and Administration, Social work and Social Administration, Social Sciences, Development Studies, Education, Communication, Records Management and any related Discipline.
• Minimum qualification will be a Diploma or its equivalent.
• Must have good interpersonal skills.
• Experience and current knowledge of HIV/AIDS intervention, formal training in counseling and Child Development, Project Planning and Basic Accounting Procedures will be an added advantage.
• Must have computer skills
• Good written communication skills and strong verbal communication skills in English. Ability to communicate in Ngakarimojong is and added advantage.
• Ability and desire to learn new things.
• Age: 25 – 35
Job application procedure
The interested applicants should hand deliver their applications to: The Diocesan Development Coordinator, Church of Uganda Karamoja Diocese, Along Lia Street, Behind Moroto Post Office, P. O. BOX 44, Moroto, Uganda.