Action Against Hunger (ACF) is an International Humanitarian NGO which has been in existence for over thirty years. ACF has been implementing Food Security and Livelihoods, Nutrition, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene programs in the Lango, Acholi, West Nile and Karamoja regions of Northern Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Cash and Bank Management
- Responsible for finance at field level by ensuring the respect of Action Against Hunger procedures related to Cash and Bank transactions.
- To make Cash payments and advances, ONLY if the payment / request/Purchase Order has been duly approved by the Field Co / Deputy Field Co.
- Ensuring each transaction is justified by an appropriate invoice/receipt, and to ensure the quality of receipts (name, patent number, stamp, description, date, amount etc).
- Instantly record transactions in the manual book and excel books to ensure the book balance at the end of the day matches with the actual balance.
- Responsible for making follow-ups on advances by making sure advances are cleared within 48 hours and no advances are outstanding at the end of the month and when staff goes on Leave.
- Conduct weekly cash counts with Base Admin and monthly Cash Counts with Base Admin and Field Co/Deputy Field Co.
- Post Cash transaction into Excel / Saga and ensure that the monthly databases are submitted to the Capital (Asst. Fin Co) by the 5th of the next month.
- Ensure the cancelled cheques are properly crossed and staple with the cheque book.
- Preparation of bank letters, transfers for the bank.
- Conduct monthly Bank Reconciliation with Base Admin and with Field Co/Deputy Field Co.
- Post Bank transaction into Excel / Saga and ensure that the monthly databases are submitted to the Capital (Asst. Fin Co) by the 5th of the next month.
Review field monthly accountancy, verify physical presence and review the quality of field accountancy documents:
- Ensure all the documents are properly signed by the signatories and are completed with the required documents (PR, SPO/Contract, Invoice, Payment Voucher.etc.)
- Report any missing documents and dubious documents to the Base Admin.
- Ensure the Original hard copies finance documents reach the capital by 15th Of Every month.
- File hard copies of documents according the voucher Number system from excel.
- Ensure to have Good documentation practice.
- Ensure all the payments are done on timely basis.
- Conduct proper follow up with the Logistics and program team for any payment delays.
- Check and rec-confirm all documents before making any payments.
- Inform Logistics and Program as soon as the payment is ready.
- Physically going to the field areas to do the payments to suppliers, Beneficiaries. etc. as per the requirement.
- Responsible for the Field Cash books.
- Ensure all the expenses are booked properly in the excel book.
- Ensure all the transaction have a correct budget line (as per the PR), accounting code, project code and donor code.
- Ensure to do the proper splitting of the entries according to the budge lines and accounting codes.
- Ensure all the documents are physically check before doing the monthly closure.
- If there is any discrepancy in the Cash inform immediately the Base Admin, Field Co/ Deputy Field Co.
Retrieve Accountancy documents:
- Ensure that all finance files are clearly labelled at the field level
- Retrieve any documents when required.
- Always do the photocopies/Scanning (according to the standard) of the monthly hard documentations before sending it to the Capital.
- Maintain and IN/OUT document register.
- Responsible for making follow-ups on documents taken out of the files.
Support the Finance department
- Sit in for the Base Admin while out of office.
- Should be flexible to do any other tasks that may be assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Action Against Hunger (ACF) Cashier job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Finance/ Accounting or Business Administration from a recognised institution.
- Two years of previous experience in an NGO, preferably in finance and administration.
- Substantial knowledge of SAGA accounting software
- Excellent knowledge and use of Excel is a MUST
- Excellent management skills, knowledge of key internal controls among others
- Ability to speak the native language in the stipulated location is an added advantage
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their handwritten applications which should include ONLY a cover letter, CV (not more than 4 pages) with at least three referees and a daytime telephone contract. For email applications please note that attached documents should not be larger than 2MBs. All documents should be zipped in one folder. Any email larger than 2MBs will not be considered. Please send your email application to: email@example.com “Cashiers –Yumbe/Imvepi” in the subject line.
Deadline: 19th January 2018 by 5:00 PM