Closing date: 21 Feb 2019
Founded in 1979, Action Against Hunger (AAH) is an international humanitarian organization that delivers programs in over 44 countries. Recognized worldwide as a leader in the fight against hunger, our mission is to save lives through the prevention, detection, and treatment of malnutrition, especially during and after emergency situations and conflicts. From crisis to sustainability, Action Against Hunger tackles the underlying causes of malnutrition and its effects. By integrating our programs with local and national systems, we further ensure that short-term interventions become long-term solutions. With head offices in France, the United Kingdom, Spain, the United States and Canada, our international network shares its combined resources, breadth of experience and technical expertise in pursuit of a world without hunger.
Action Against Hunger has been present in Kenya since 2001 and is a transformative leader in nutrition security for improved quality of life among vulnerable communities. Action Against Hunger wants to contribute to the optimal functional performance of National, County, and Community systemsthrough strategic partnerships for innovative nutrition-sensitive and nutrition-specific interventions to achieve its impact. Action Against Hunger is currently implementing activities in West Pokot, Mandera, Samburu, Isiolo, Trans Nzoia, Kakamega, Bungoma and Busia counties.
Action Against Hunger- Kenya Program is looking for a Capital Finance Officer to be based in Nairobi.
Objective 1: Accountancy
- Record all monthly commitments in SAGA Extra Accounting books.
- Record the HQ and Other Mission Recharges in SAGA.
- Receive & Import all the books from bases in SAGA at the end of the month.
- Matching of inter mission funds transfers in SAGA.
Objective 2: Cash & Bank Management
- To ensure respect ACF finance procédures and Cash Management Policy at the Nairobi level.
- Ensure safe keeping of ACF funds and assets
- Make cash count as per set requirements- weekly and end month.
- Ensure liquidity at Nairobi level and advise the HOD- Finance for need of exchange operations.
- Ensure Nairobi day to day expenditures are in line with the approved cash forecast, analyze discrepancy between actual expenditures and cash forecast
- Ensure that weekly & monthly cash counts and Bank réconciliations are received from field.
Objective 3: Review of documentation, filing & archiving
- Review of mission financial documentation to ensure completeness before filing
- Follow with Base Admins to ensure that they send monthly documentation (original & copies) to Nairobi office on a timely basis.
Objective 4: Auditing
- Provide auditors with necessary documentation during audits
- Follow up on recommendations provided by auditors to ensure that they are adhered to.
- Preparation of Annual Statutory Audit for the organisation.
Objective 5: Payroll Management
- Ensure salary Allocation is charged correctly to the projects
Objective 6: General Finance
- Liaise with the respective department for any discrepancy/ missing or clarification in procedure
- Undergraduate degree in related field.
- CPA Qualification part 3
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Two years working experience with an NGO
- Good knowledge of English both written and Spoken
- Basic Knowledge on donor rules & regulations
- Good communication & interpersonal skills
- CPA Qualification part 3
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel
Applications, including CV with cover letter and 3 professional references to be sent via email to:
email@example.com not later than 21st February 2019 clearly mentioning the position on the subject line. e.g Capital Finance Officer-AAHK Only Shorlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.Female candidates are encouraged to apply