Call for Ugandan professionals: Governance Advisor
from RTI International
Closing date: 31 Jan 2018
RTI International’s Global Health Division is currently accepting applications for a Governance Advisor for an anticipated USAID-funded Health Systems Strengthening opportunity in Uganda. RTI anticipates the opportunity will focus on improving leadership and accountability in the public and private health sectors at national and subnational levels.
The Governance Advisor is responsible for coordinating and monitoring the program’s work to strengthen leadership and accountability, central level stewardship, and district level management of the health system. This position will also develop, implement, and monitor engagement of community actors to improve accountability, performance and management of health services. The position will be based with RTI in Kampala and local travel will be required.
- Provide technical support, oversight and monitoring of strategies to strengthen the following:
- Leadership and accountability for results in both the public and private health sectors.
- Central level stewardship of the health sector.
- District level management of the health sector.
- Public sector engagement with the private sector.
- Build citizen participation in planning, management and monitoring of the health system.
- Oversee, coordinate and implement capacity building programs in leadership, management, policy, strategic planning, advocacy, coordination and partnerships.
- Oversee the development of tools and/or products such as training materials, advocacy briefs, guidelines, social media, etc., related to governance activities (outlined above).
- Foster and maintain effective, professional relationships with a broad range of public and private sector counterparts.
- Ensure the timely and quality completion of all relevant program deliverables and reporting.
- Actively participate in the development of annual work planning, design, implementation, and reporting related to project technical activities.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of Master’s degree in public health, public policy/administration, community development and/or a related technical degree.
- Minimum of 6 years designing, implementing and/or building capacity in health governance including experience providing technical assistance to central governments, local governments, the private sector, parastatal, and community service organizations.
- Proven ability to develop effective working relationships with all levels of internal and external clients, including USAID, government counterparts at all levels, local organizations, and other program partners.
- Experience working in decentralized contexts.
- Strong conceptual skills, with ability to think strategically.
- Excellent management, communication, and organizational skills (attention to detail is required); flexibility and capacity to multi-task.
- Professional proficiency in spoken and written English is required.
- Ugandan citizens/nationals are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates that are invited to apply. Please submit your CVs to: recruitGH@rti.org, please indicate in the subject line: Governance Advisor-Uganda+ your name.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. This position is contingent upon award and funding. RTI is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/.