Deadline of this Job: 14th January 2019Duty Station: Naluvule-Wakiso , Uganda , East Africa , 256
Tusuubira Women’s Development Agency (TWDA) is a nonprofit organisation which has been operating in Wakiso District for the past 15 years as a Community Based Organization under the names Tusuubira Women’s Group. Over the years, TWDA has supported the development of farmer associations into strong farmer owned and led cooperatives. In addition to that,with funding from Caritas Denmark, efforts have been geared towards enhancing farmers’ incomes through promoting value addition by supporting the establishment of a farmers’ owned maize mill. TWDA thus seeks to recruit a suitably qualified person for the position of aBusiness Development Manager for the Maize Mill.
Overall purpose of the position:
The Sales Executive will take on the overall responsibility of development of the farmers maize mill into a viable and profitable business venture by setting sales targets and goals, creating sales plans, acquiring sales territories and building a building a network of outlet points.
Key duties and responsibilities;
• Prepare sales projection intended and achieved reports on a daily basis
• Responsible for achieving all sales and collections targets.
• Liaise with Production department on projection and production plans.
• Timely response to all internal and customer queries and provision of requested information and clarifications.
• Implement agreed on action plans by due dates to remediate the findings.
• Facilitate search of orders and plan deliveries/dispatch of the same in a prioritized manner.
• Accurately forecast daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual sales streams compared to same previous records.
• Expedite the preparation of company sales policies, practices and procedures.
• Develop weekly sales plan and share with the production team.
• Constantly keep in touch with customers to promote the farmers’ products.
• Provide full support as required by the employer.
• Pitching the farmers’ products to new and existing clients.
• Undertake product research and development to suit customer needs.
• Build and maintain good working relationships with new contacts.
• Undertake business planning and development of new marketing initiatives.
• Undertake market research to identify new leads.
Experience and Qualifications:
Must have at least a diploma in Business administration, Agribusiness Management, Sales and Marketing or equivalent relevant field.
Must have at least 5 years’ experience in FMCG sales with at least 2 years in maize flour business and in a leadership position.
Must have Good Conduct.
Must be able to achieve set targets.
Ability to confidently interact with client representatives at all levels.
Expert communication, multi-tasking and organization skills.
Strong relationship building skills.
A track record of achievement in growing a company’s portfolio.
Good working knowledge and experience in Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc.
High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
Sound independent judgment and ability.
High levels of integrity and ethical standard
Working experience in commodity products marketing is an added advantage.
Ability to work under minimum supervision and in high demanding environments.
In-depth knowledge of the maize milling industry.
Job application procedure
Applications including a cover letter and a detailed CV with contact details of three professional referees should be sent by courier or hand delivered to the address below latest 5pm 14th January, 2019 and addressed to the Director, Tusuubira Women’s Development Agency, Opposite High Field High School, Naluvule, Wakiso or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org .
TWDA is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates and Persons with Disabilities who qualify are strongly advised to apply.
Owing to the high number of expected applicants, we will only responds to shortlisted applicants.