Preg-Tech Communications Ltd (PTC) was founded as a technology provider in May 2006. Over the years the company has strived for excellence growing to provide services for the entire East African region. Originally a systems support company, PTC ventured into IT systems Consultancy and Digital Forensics to resolve the problem of technology uptake in Africa. To date, the company boasts of a diverse portfolio of integrated ICT solutions that are relevant to organizations today.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with and expand current client prospect database within specified business sectors to generate effective leads & exceed sales targets for the business
- Develop a sales contact plan direct marketing, and attending industry events to build relationships with key prospects
- Respond to incoming Requests for Information (RFIs), Requests for Proposals (RFPs) in a professional and creative manner
- Understand a prospect’s business needs and work with the technical team and Business Development Supervisor (BDS) to develop a tailored marketing proposal
- Work closely with colleagues in PTC to identify common new business prospects and cross-sell integrated search and affiliate proposition
- Represent PTC at industry events, including speaking forums and new business events
- Work closely with BDS to identify appropriate go to market messaging for specific business sectors in Information Technology.
- Maintain an awareness of current and continual changes in the marketplace and within the PTC system to be able to properly screen prospective clients/businesses.
- Develop leads from newspaper and telephone directories, trade and professional association membership lists, and other public records.
Knowledge Sharing, learning & development
- Enhance own development by taking responsibility for staying informed and up to date with product and industry knowledge
- Work closely with the BDS and Technical team to develop new business proposals
- Work closely with the client service, operations, editorial, and implementation teams to demonstrate expertise at new business pitches
- Maintain a professional and courteous manner with all prospective clients/businesses
- Contribute to the learning environment by identifying areas where there is potential for learning and building knowledge with others
- Adopt the performance management scheme by setting objectives, participating in performance reviews and building a personal development plan
Executive Support to CEO
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including: managing an active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plan, coordinate and ensure the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected. Provide “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO’s time and office.
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Work closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgment letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the company.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Business degree;
- At least three years’ experience in marketing / Administration and/or training in the Information Technology Sector; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to interact with and influence multiple sales channels
- Ability to manage and track lead generation and a sales pipeline through CRM system
- Tenacious & creative technologically advanced approaches to work.
- Driven and motivated by results
- Passionate about performance marketing
- Strong presenter and negotiator
- Excellent written skills
- Organized with good attention to detail
- A self-starter who can spot new opportunities
- Able to work as part of wide and varied team
How to Apply
All candidates should send a cover letter, updated CV and copies of certificates in one pdf document to email@example.com
NB: Only Successful/ Potential candidates for this position will be shortlisted. If you don’t receive feedback one week from the deadline, your application will not have been considered.