Deadline of this Job: 19th June 2019
Civil Society Budget Advocacy Group (CSBAG) through the support from its various development partners intends to recruit additional staff to fill the position of Budget Policy Specialist
REPORTING TO: Program Manager
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Program Assistant.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Analyze both national and local government economic policies to inform CSBAG research, advocacy strategies.
• Actively engage in national and local level economic policy dialogues and using CSBAG experiences/research to inform economic policy discussions.
• Provide strategic input into the development of CSBAG’s budget advocacy agenda.
• Contribute to CSBAG’s efforts to strengthen networks by establishing and maintaining relationships with CSBAG members and partners, Governments,
• development partners for a collective voice on people-centered budgeting
• Collect and analyze macro-economic information and, make high-quality policy proposals, most notably in relation to pro-poor economic growth.
• Make sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice, to generate evidence-based budget proposals that are pro-poor, thus enhancing the economic policy impact of CSBAG.
• Be actively involved in the preparation of relevant knowledge products through written and electronic media to support CSBAG Advocacy
• Represent CSBAG in relevant economic policy development and accountability forums
• Build the capacity of CSBAG members and partners through and providing technical support in budget analysis
• Undertake any other responsibilities, tasks or activities as reasonably required. It is important to note that the responsibilities may change to meet the evolving needs of CSBAG.
• To participate in fundraising for the organization, identify and develop partnerships and alliances relevant to programs and organization in general
• Timely reporting to development partners as per project contracts
• Any other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor or Executive Director
• Commitment to the vision and mission of CSBAG
• Effective time management
• Self-drive and initiative
• Proactive and result-oriented
• Ability to multitask with minimum supervision
• Ability to conduct an economic analysis
• An Advanced University degree in the area of Economics or Public Finance Management
• A bachelor’s degree in the area of Economics or any related field in combination with an additional 2 years of experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should prepare a) A implication letter; b) A CV only; please do not attach
copies of certificates at this stage.
Submissions should be delivered by email to email@example.com with subject line Senior Finance officer-
Compliance, or The Budget Policy Specialist by 500pm on 19th June 2019. Only shortlisted
candidates will be contacted.
CSBAG IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER FEMALES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY