Asaak is a Ugandan fintech startup giving collateralized loans to SME’s and farmers through a mobile app and was the first digital lender in the country.
POSITION Branch Manager
EMPLOYMENT TYPE Full Time
JOB LEVEL Senior Level
JOB SUMMARY Manage a team of underwriters and loan officers to originate and service loans for a digital lending institution. Will report to the Chief Operations Officer.
Asaak is looking for a talented Branch manager to assign and direct all work performed in the branch and to supervise all areas of operation. You will manage staff, foster a positive environment and ensure customer satisfaction and proper branch operation. The successful candidate will have a hands-on approach and will be committed to the expansion and success of the business by implementing strategies that increase productivity and enable sales targets achievement.
-Direct all operational aspects including distribution operations, customer service, human resources, administration and sales
-Assess local market conditions and identify current and prospective sales opportunities
-Meet goals and metrics
-Manage budget and allocate funds appropriately -Bring out the best of branch’s personnel by providing training, coaching, development and motivation
-Locate areas of improvement and propose corrective actions that meet challenges and leverage growth opportunities Address customer and employee satisfaction issues promptly Adhere to high ethical standards, and comply with all regulations/applicable laws
-Network to improve the presence and reputation of the branch and company
-Stay abreast of competing markets and provide reports on market movement and penetration
- Act as head of the branch’s credit committee to review loan files and approve them in accordance to company’s policy
- Manage daily and weekly reporting to senior directors
- Keep abreast of all company and investor credit policies and procedures as well as federal and regional regulatory changes by participating in and leading in-house training events
Candidates' Qualifications and Experience:
- Hold a bachelor's degree or higher level of education preferably in Management, business administration or any related field.
- Have at least 5 years of management, customer service, accounting, underwriting or credit analysis experience; prior experience as a branch manager is an advantage
-Ability to meet sales targets and production goals
- Strong communication skills, characterized by excellent writing and speaking skills
- Must possess excellent multi-tasking skills and be able to function under pressure
- Ability to handle fast-paced environments with minimum supervision and meet project deadlines
- Ability to use a tablet/smartphone/computer, experience with Google Applications is an advantage
- Demonstrated success in leading and managing growing teams
- Must be patient and willing to help others in solving problems while maintaining a positive attitude at all times
- Must have a keen eye for detail and follow instructions precisely
- Fluency in English required; fluency in Luganda is an advantage
Job application procedure
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of the relevant certificates and testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the job title “Kampala Branch Manager” in the subject field. Interviews will be conducted as applications are received.