• Ensure, bid requests are submitted in the correct format required and are correct and that returned bids are distributed effectively.
• Work with the Technical Team, to produce accurate quotations and to ensure that the Technical Team is fully aware of the terms and conditions of each bid. Requesting updates and amendments for any bids that are required.
• Ensuring that Bid desk, Finance and General management meet on a regular basis to ensure that details of all current bid schemes are communicated effectively to all concerned parties
• Process requisitions submitted with clear and unambiguous specifications through the quotation process and goods/service delivered/rendered
• Ensure, bid requests are submitted from sales in the correct format required and are correct and that returned bids are distributed effectively
• Ensure that the work you are quoting for has clear requirements - in terms of time, labor, materials,
• Upon consultation determine which tenders to bid, and how you will manage the bid
• Work with relevant departments to gather information and research for particular tenders.
• Prepare a covering letter that responds to the bid invitation
• Draw up tender documents or contracts
• Follow up to completion and ensure the company gets business and if not, give feedback on what went wrong or right.
• Organize demonstrations by coordinating between the technical team and the client
• Effective liaison between technical and customer service departments in ensuring compliance to the client expectations.
• Provide required reports at the agreed frequencies and intervals
• Any other job assigned to you by your supervisors from time to time.
Added responsibilities on procurement
- Effectively prepare purchase orders on behalf of the company
- Ensure timely delivery of quality supplies at the lowest possible cost within the Company’s budget.
- Efficiently preparing and maintaining purchasing records, reports and price lists
- Creating and maintaining purchasing files and price lists
- Identifying necessary quantities to be ordered, validating orders internally and issuing orders to suppliers
- Proper coordination of the different staff who need facilitate the tender process
- Ensure all tender documents have been delivered within the stipulated period
- Provide up-to-date report on the award process
- Follow through on submitted tenders and advice on progress
Note that this job description can be reviewed from time to time by your Supervisor based on the