Bank of Baroda
Deadline of this Job:
11th June 2018 by 5.00 p.m
Bank of Baroda (Uganda) Ltd. invites applications for employment from suitably qualified Ugandan Citizens willing to serve at our Head Office, Kampala for the following position:
POSITION: Banking Assistants ( Contractual basis) clerical cadre
Job Responsibilities includes but not limited to the following:
- Entering/feeding/ posting of duly passed vouchers in computer/ledgers/ registers/banks books etc. .
- Data entry of various instrument/information computer/system.
- Scrolling vouchers/receiving pay-in-slips, cheques, drafts & other instruments as per the authority delegated to you by the management and issuing acknowledgement thereof.
- Tallying of scroll sheets with respective heads/accounts. Work in cash department and perform all functions relating to receiving/ paying/Remittance/counting/ tallying of cash.
- Receiving cash from the customers/depositors, properly accounting for them in the banks books/accounts and issuing proper acknowledgement! receipt to customers.
- Keeping proper account and ensuring safety of cash held under your custody/in your possession during the course of your duties.
- Paying duly authorized cash vouchers/cheques after getting it passed by proper authorities.
- Updating passbooks, balancing of books, reconciling the accounts/various accounting heads etc. Proper maintenance and upkeep of Bank's records.
- Typing of letters, spreadsheets, doing other Job work on computers.
- Marketing of new and existing products and services.
- Above are broad job responsibilities, just illustrative but not exhaustive.
Therefore the responsibilities shall also include any other duties assigned by the departmental head bank management from time to time as per bank‘s requirements.
Computer knowledge and proﬁciency in computer operation shall be accorded preference in selection.
Graduate with minimum Second Class degree preferably in Commerce! Accounting & Finance will be an added advantage.
Working experience in a Bank / Financial institution will be an added advantage.
Age: Maximum 28 years.
Job application procedure
Typed applications with full C.V, names of two referees with self-attested photocopies of academic/professional/experience certiﬁcates, proof of age etc. should be sent to the Executive Director, Bank of Baroda (Uganda) Ltd., 18, Kampala Road, P.D. Box 7197, Kampala. CLOSING DATE: Applications complete in all respect should reach to above address on or before 11.06.2018 by 5.00 p.m.
- Envelope containing application must be cleanly marked “Application for the post of “Directly Recruited Banking Ofﬁcer‘ OR “Application for the post of Directly Recruited Banking Supervisor" OR “Application for the post of Banking Assistant“ OR “Application for position of Office Assistant".
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for selection process as decided by the Bank.
- No communication will be sent to the applicants whose applications are not found suitable during short-listing process.
- Bank reserves the right to reject / accept any application and to relax / alter any condition / selection criteria without assigning any reason.
- Bank reserves the right not to make any appointment as a result of the selection process.
- Eligible candidates for the post of Ofﬁcer, Supervisor & Banking Assistant will have to undergo Written Test & interview. The Written Test will comprise of questions on Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability, English Language For the post of Ofﬁce Assistant the short-listed candidates will be subjected to written test and/or personal interview.
- Final selection will be subject to ﬁnding the candidate medically ﬁt by Banks Panel Doctor.
- if any information with regard to Qualiﬁcation, Age, Experience, background checks etc. provided by any applicant to the Bank is found to be false at any stage the Bank reserves the right to caricel his/her selection appointment at any stage.