Genius Hub is a recruitment Firm that specializes in talent search and placement of highly skilled individuals we are looking for a highly motivated and knowledgeable individual for our client as an Audit/Finance Manager.
Our client deals in Engineering and Consultancy, and is looking for self-motivated and qualified Audit/Finance Managers with experience for over 2 years. The ideal candidate will be required to ensure that the financial operations of the company are in order to help it run efficiently by preparing and verifying monthly statements, keeping records, executing credit control and timely collections, reconciling bank accounts, carrying out financial analysis and preparation of financial projections and budgets.
· Preparation and presentation of monthly management accounts and management information and monitoring performance against budget and expectations.
· Cash flow management and oversight of payroll, accounts payable and debtor collection functions.
· Oversight of stock control function.
· Liaising with external auditors and company’s bankers.
· Implementation and review of internal controls.
· Systems and procedures review and improvement.
· Manage all accounting operations based on accounting principles
· Prepares Prepare budget, financial forecasts and publish financial statements in time
· Economic performance reports, final accounts and monthly financial management reports.
· Handles tax administration, filling all tax returns, PAYE, VAT, etc.
· Compile daily transactions and summarize all the work done in accounts covered by the employees from all departments/sections.
· Publish financial statements in time
· Supervise cash office operations and keep custody of cheque books.
· Receive and bank cash, cheques postal orders and money orders.
· Receive, verify and bank cheques for payment to members.
· Report irregularities such as: forgery, theft, misappropriation and take appropriate measure without delay.
· Keep information confidential and secure them with random database backups
· Keep up with financial policies, regulation and legislation
· Carry out any other duties connected with cash transactions as instructed and handle any duties that may be assigned from time to time.
· Continuously check whether the standard accounting procedures have been followed by the accountants in preparing the financial statements.
· Ensure the interest of the directors and stakeholders is protected and their expectations are met through regular communications.
· researching and assessing how well risk management processes are working and recording the results using software such as Microsoft Word and Excel
· Perform risk assessments on key business activities and using this information to guide what should be covered in audits.
· Degree in BCOM(Accounting) or BBA Accounting and Finance
· CPA or ACCA is desirable
· Proven working experience as an auditor or in a relevant field minimum of 2years
· Thorough knowledge of accounting and auditing principles and procedures
· Excellent Computer literacy in accounting packages and Microsoft applications
· High degree of integrity, strong attention to detail and confidentiality
- Agree to uphold the Certified Internal Auditor Code of Ethics.
Interested applicants should send their applications, CVs and academic documents to email@example.com not later 15th January 2019 for the attention of the Recruitment Director. Please Quote Reference GH2018/003.