Genius Hub is a recruitment firm that specializes in talent search and placement of highly skilled individuals, we are looking for a highly motivated and knowledgeable individual for our client as a Senior Audit Associate.
Our Client is an Audit Firm that deals in Audit, Accounting, and Financial Consultancy Services and is looking for a Senior Audit Associate.
· Make recommendations for improving the client’s competitive advantage that reflect a full understanding of the client’s the competitive situation, pushing the boundaries of conventional thinking;
· Establish close working relationship with the client to establish engagement expectations and assess needs;
· Anticipate and identify client issues and concerns;
- Quickly identify and resolve technical issues through the application of professional standards (e.g., IFRS, ISAS);
- Generate and recognize imaginative, unusual, original solutions to business issues by applying relevant technical knowledge;
- Proactively apply in-depth understanding of firm and professional authoritative guidance, as well as industry knowledge, to issues and concerns in client’s industry and market, including current events (e.g., impact of proposed regulations and legislation);
· Create engagement plans that define realistic time and human resources requirements;
· Identify ways to perform necessary procedures more effectively and eliminate low-value work;
· Identify engagement work which can be rescheduled out of firm peak cyclical periods to better utilize resources;
· Delegate effectively and monitor progress;
· Proactively involve specialists (including HR, Information Technology and Tax specialists) where necessary on highly technical or special engagements to maximize efficiency;
· Perform appropriate client pre-acceptance procedures for new service opportunities;
· Provide appropriate guidance to the team to navigate “gray areas” where no guidance exists;
· Identify potential risk issues and acts to resolve them;
· Monitor team’s work to ensure it is consistent with firm quality standards and audit approach;
· Define technology and software required to meet client service and engagement objectives;
- Maintain effective time management while simultaneously working on multiple engagements;
- Communicate with clients to obtain required financial data for purposes of performing and completing fieldwork;
- Perform substantive audit procedures over various balance sheet and income statement accounts such as debt, goodwill, intangibles, and revenue;
- Perform analytical procedures to identify unusual or unexpected trends in relation to prior performance and expectations;
- Interact with Audit senior management to develop more efficient testing strategies using data analytics to comply with firm guidance;
- Mentor staff and facilitate their understanding of testing around their assigned audit areas as well as aid in applying firm guidance;
· Performs other duties as maybe assigned.
Reporting skills, attention to detail, deadline-oriented, reporting research results, confidentiality, time management, data entry management.
- Degree in Accounting or any related field;
- ACCA/CPA Certificate;
- At least 2 years’ experience as a Senior Audit practitioner in an Audit Firm/environment;
- The applicant must be a good team player;
- Demonstrate strong communication, numerical and analytical skills;
- Willing to work under no supervision and learn new skills quickly;
- Result-oriented and able to meet tight deadlines; and
- Proactive and self-driven.
Interested applicants should send their applications, CVs and academic documents to email@example.com later 1 December 2019 for the attention of the Recruitment Director. Please Quote Reference GH2019/055.