Deadline of this Job: 21st January 2019
Duty Station: Kampala , Uganda , East Africa , 256
The National Curriculum Development Centre is a corporate body under the Ministry of Education and Sports. It is responsible for inter-alia development of curricula and related materials for various level of education (i.e. Pre-Primary, Primary, Secondary and Tertiary), organising capacity building courses for stakeholders on curricula and matters related to curriculum.
JOB TITLE: Audit Asssitant
Responsible to: Internal Auditor
Salary Scale: CD 8.
Age Limit: Must be between 25 and 50 years of age at the time of application.
To assist the Head of Internal Audit in making independent and objective assurances that add value; and improve the Centre’s operations.
• Auditing revenue collection for accountability purposes;
• Auditing procurement and payments in line with Procurement law and regulations, and NCDC Financial Regulations & Guidelines;
• Conducting manpower audit in line with the approved budget and work plans;
• Assisting Head internal audit in reviewing and advising on Council’s accounting systems in line with the internal controls;
• Monitoring the expenditure of Council in line with the budgetary provisions and fi nancial regulations;
• Reviewing of working papers in consultation with the Head of Internal Audit.
• Preparing and forwarding engagement plans and budgets to Head of Internal Audit.
• Drafting of the audit findings and submitting them to Head of Internal Audit.
• Assessing risks in auditable units and assisting the Head Internal Audit in preparing a risk based work plan.
• Any other duty as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Minimum academic qualifications:
• An Honours Bachelor’s degree in a business related course with Accounting or Auditing option from a recognized University or Institution plus at least level two of Professional qualifi cations in Accounting or Auditing from a recognized awarding Institution. OR
• An Honours Bachelor’s degree in a business related course with Accounting or Auditing option from a recognized University or Institution plus an Accounting Technician Course (ATC). OR
• A full professional qualifi cation in accounting or Auditing from a recognised awarding institution
Experience At least two years’ experience in Internal Auditing, External Auditing or Finance Accounting. Competences:
• Analytical skills
• Risk identification, assessment and prioritisation
• Financial management;
• Information and Communications Technology
• Concern for Quality and Standards
• Ethics and Integrity
• Communication and report writing
• Time management
• Working papers reviewed in consultation with Head Internal Audit.
• Engagement plans prepared.
• Collection of Audit evidence from auditable units in line with agreed engagement plan done.
• Draft Audit findings and submit to the Head Internal Audit.
Please visit the NCDC Website ( www.ncdc.go.ug ) for the rest of the details.
Job application procedure
Applications are invited from appropriately qualified Ugandans for the post of Audit Assistant available for immediate filling at the National Curriculum Development Centre. NCDC is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Closing date for applications is two weeks from the date of this publication.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. 6 copies of each of the application letter indicating three (3) referees, a detailed CV, Certified copies of Certificates and Academic Transcripts should be submitted to: The Secretary,
NCDC Governing Council,
P. O. Box 7002, Kampala.