Closing date: 21 Feb 2019
Main duties and responsibilities
· Leads case management and child protection team in program design and drawing aligned work plans and budgets and oversees day to day implementation of the approved program activities
· Provides leadership in development of inter-team communication and cohesiveness, sustaining culture and supporting staff during organizational growth
· Develops the necessary systems, processes, and tools to better support the facilitation, collection, and sharing of knowledge that is generated by the programs
· Works collaboratively with the senior management team to integrate cross program activities and functions
· Develops quarterly and annual reports for tracking program/project progress and impact, program expenditures and donations
· Demonstrates and leads on high program quality for positive team experience and exceptional project accomplishments
· Participates in developing program literature and publications, updating website content, and creating signage for workshops and events
· Builds, maintains and encourages a productive working relationship with all staff members in the organization.
· Ensures that the morale of all the department personnel is positive and providing a viable organization so as to meet the commitments
· Provides leadership that will enhance employee productivity and responsiveness in handling emerging issues.
· Leads in developing and execution of both long term and short term recruitment strategy in case management and safe shelter and positioning the organization to be strategically competitive and attractive to partners and donors.
· Carries out supervisory responsibilities that include but are not limited to; planning, assigning and directing the work of supervisees, appraising the performances, rewarding the best employees and addressing complaints and also resolving the problems.
· Responsible for overall management of the safe House day to day operations, case management, child protection and Psychosocial support to the organization persons of concern.
· Maintains a safe, confidential environment for the safe house resident’s and ensures 360 degrees safety of the safe house residents
· Supervises Case Management and Child Protection Coordinator, Nurse and Counselors, and other team members to ensure maximum effectiveness and efficiency in the delivery of critical service needs to the persons of concern
· Manages safe house donation acquisitions, distributions and storage
· Reviews case management, child protection and safe house services on an ongoing basis and develops new strategies’ to address needs and or complex issues as they emerge both within and without
· Oversees the best interest process at the three levels of the organization service delivery- at the Safe Shelter, Girls Empowerment Program and community level
· Develops and manages outreach strategy that includes Home visits, relationship development, communication, and compliance
· Manages the administration and evaluation of programs. Oversees the interpretation, implementation and compliance with policies and regulations both for the organization and the government regulatory arms
· Recommends actions and/or resolves complex issues that often span the program boundaries.
· Represents the program at the Organization level and/or to external constituencies.
· Conducts crisis intervention, assessment and oversees intake procedures for clients to the program
· Facilitates monthly and quarterly outdoor events for the safe shelter residents as necessary
· Ensures that the case management and child protection team, counselors and volunteers provide high quality, fair, culturally relevant, accessible services to the organization persons of concern; similarly ensuring that the agency mission and philosophy and policies are adhered to.
· Provides direct services to clients including crisis intervention, advocacy-based counseling, legal and medical advocacy, information and referrals, safety planning, and other supportive services
· Reports emergency cases or cases facing high risk directly to the Country Director for direction.
· Ensures the smooth day-to-day operation and administrative oversight of the safe house, this includes 24 hour on call responsibilities.
· Serves as a link to the Children Department, UNHCR,IOM, foreign missions, judiciary and other partners
· Provides direct services to clients through crisis hotline, crisis counseling, individual case management, and preparation of protection schedules
· Provides on call administrative back-up coverage on evenings, weekends, & holidays
· Adheres to contractual obligations and compliance updates dictated by multiple government departments, UNHCR and donors to maintain high integrity and performance
· Manages program aspects of fiscal oversight to program including budget and supplies requisition and management
· Monitors and updates, as needed, systems, policy and procedures for program and operation manuals
· Enhances organizational excellence by establishing operational benchmarks, timelines, and resources needed to achieve strategic goals, proactively recommending and driving the same
· Supports strategic and operational planning for programs and track activity delivery progress to ensure target delivery is on track
· Evaluates programs’ policies and procedures, Identifies issues, and develops alternative solutions which may include changes to programs components, policies and procedures.
· Supports the senior leadership team, line managers, and staff to make consistent and progressive steps toward organizational and programmatic consistency and sustainability; effectively communicates work plans and priorities derived from the organization's strategic plan and objectives by partnering with senior management to follow through with coordinated accountabilities, objectives, and associated budgets.
· Partakes in resource mobilization through concept and proposal development, establishment and increase of partnerships and networks for the program and the organization in general
· Holds outreach programs and works closely with the Director of Program and CD to present a strong, positive image of the organization products and services to relevant stakeholders
· Assists with the production of key communication tools such as an impact report and contributes to update the organization website
· Assists with the production of outreach materials (displays, brochures, flyers, articles, press releases, website and background materials)
· Undertakes other responsibilities/duties not outlined above which are commensurate with a role of this nature in the humanitarian sector and which have been discussed and agreed between the line manager/superiors and the post holder
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies
· Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Sociology, Counselling Psychology or related field with at least five (5) years of successful experience in program planning and management including grant funded programs. Master’s Degree in project planning and management, business administration, Social Work, Counselling Psychology or other related field preferable.
· At least 4 years’ experience in management of safe shelter, case management and child protection programs
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in nonprofit middle or senior management level, preferably in girls and women empowerment programs
· Knowledge of sexual and gender based violence/domestic violence and sexual assault/abuse issues and solutions
· Understanding of challenges facing refugees in Kenya and in the region
· Knowledge of health and safety regulations regarding the safe shelters
· Experience working with young people, preferably most vulnerable (experience working with refugee children will be a plus)
· Strong demonstrated fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders including UN Agencies, foreign missions and private entities.
Your application should be sent to the address below indicating the position applied in the email subject by close of business Thursday 21st February 2019. Applications should include a cover letter & a detailed CV (as one document in PDF format and given your sir name) with your contact details, details of current and expected remuneration, names and contacts of three referees, one of which should be your current supervisor.
Please note that RefuSHE does not charge any fees for receiving or processing job applications. RefuSHE is an equal opportunity employer.
NB. All applications should only be sent through the email provided. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
P.O Box 63192 – 00619 Nairobi Kenya