World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Area Sponsorship Assessment Facilitator will guide and facilitate Programme development, monitoring and implementation in an Area Program in line with Programme plans.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Area Program programme planning and Development: Support and guide Area Program scheduled assessments, evaluations and designs. The incumbent will facilitate development of the Area Program design document and Annual Operations Plan / Detailed Implementation Plan. Gather and analyze community perspectives, and prepare annual work plans and cash flows. Write concept papers and proposals for non-sponsorship fundraising. In charge of monitoring of progress and achievements of programmes in the Area Program.
- Tasked with the mobilization of communities, local organizations and institutions for programme development and implementation: The jobholder will mobilize community participation in programme/project planning, development, implementation and monitoring. Mobilize grassroots organizations, Churches and other civil society organizations on poverty reduction.
- Facilitate capacity building of communities and local organizations: Support and facilitate graduated growth of partnerships and community based organizations.
- Implementation of Area Program programmes and interventions in line with approved designs and Annual Operation Plans / Detailed Implementation Plans: Organize community programme development and resource mobilization of planned activities such as community contributions.
- Child protection: Facilitate the operations and functioning of Area Program child protection committee. Ensure adherence at Area Program of child protection policy, guidelines and protocols.
- Monitoring and track progress of programme implementation: Organize Area Program level forum assess progress of implementation of planned activities. Monitor progress of programme/project interventions against plans within the Area Program. Organize review, reflection and learning forum for Area Program staff, community, local organizations and government. Tasked with the documentation and sharing of programme learning
- Reporting: Produce Area Program quality and timely reports to keep track of progress of planned activities within the area of operation. Prepare and submit timely and quality bi-annual and annual reports.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the World Vision Uganda Area Sponsorship Assessment Facilitator job opportunity must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Education or any relevant field.
- At least three years’ experience working with communities in a development organization
- Skills in Project Development and implementation.
- Broad knowledge of development work and ability to integrate it with sponsorship
- Competences in managing business process in large organizations
How to Apply
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Click Here: https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/uganda/sponsorship/area-sponsorship-assessment-facilitator/10826
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 14th September 2018