Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
You are creative, passionate and accountable.You have a love for learning and technology. You’ve always been ‘all-in’ in everything that you do. When there’s a problem to solve, you know how to rally your teammates to solve it with you.
About the Role
We are creating a model of learning that will be open to a global community. We will provide a learning platform to thousands of aspiring technologists across Africa, and hire the most talented people we find along the way to become Andela developers. As the Program Manager for Apprenticeship, you will make decisions about how to organize people and resources to bring this vision to life.
- Managing a high-performing team of engineering managers and technical team leads
- Collaboratively define and maintain engineering standards across the learning product ecosystem
- Creating and maintaining processes to maintain quality standards
- Leverage cognitive apprenticeship methods to support the learning of entry-level apprentices
- Hold other teams accountable to create and scale sustainable product ecosystems that apprentices can work on
What makes you a great fit for this role:
- 7-10 years experience in Supply Chain Management, Operations or Software Engineering
- Strong knowledge of Agile development methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience facilitating the learning and development of software developers
- Excellence in managing high performance technical teams
- Passion for learning & development
- Integrity in giving feedback to team members
- Collaboration demonstrated through iterating management processes based on feedback from colleagues
- A Bachelor's or advanced degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- Proficient with Google Doqcs/Microsoft Word, Sheets/Excel and Slides/Powerpoint.
EPIC Values Alignment
Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.