Duties and Responsibilities
- Regular field checks to ensure expected production is always on course.
- Prepare and present detailed field reports to the lead supervisor and management
- Insect, weed and disease monitoring / diagnostics
- Soil sampling and Soil moisture status monitoring
- Ag chemical, fertilizer and seed recommendations
- Equipment calibration
- Crop rotation planning and hybrid/variety selection recommendations
- Permanent record keeping Crop budgeting and planning
- Provide personal consultation with customers as needed
- Educational / promotional presentations as needed
- Assist designated staff members in selling efforts with dealers, specific customers, and prospective customers that need additional agronomic support / contact.
- Proactively promote and inform the Area team sales staff on current and potential upcoming agronomic issues that affect growing crops.
- Assist other Agronomists with designated agronomic testing, training and sales projects.
- Perform field service calls, participate in area functions as requested, and evaluate product performance within designated areas
- Attend commercially sponsored workshops and seminars to gain agronomic knowledge
- Perform other duties as may be required by the company
Qualification and Experience
- Diploma/Bachelor in Agriculture or related field
- 3+ years experience as an Agronomist
- Broad technical knowledge of crops, ie. banana, macadamia nuts, mangoes and coffee ( Please state in your application the crop)
- Must be flexible and good communication skills
If you meet the above requirements kindly share your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org