Agribusiness Development Specialist - Market Systems & Input Project
Tracking Code20120351Job Description
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is a public international organization (PIO) focused on increasing and sustaining food and agricultural productivity in developing countries through the development and transfer of effective and environmentally sound crop nutrient technology and agribusiness expertise. IFDC has been active in Uganda since 2012 implementing the Netherlands Embassy-funded CATALIST-Uganda Agribusiness Project (Catalyzed Accelerated Agricultural Intensification for Social and Environmental Stability) from 2012-2016, the REACH Market Systems Project (Resilient Efficient Agribusiness Chains) 2016-2020 and the 2SCALE Regional Agribusiness Incubation (Toward Sustainable Clusters in Agribusiness through Learning in Entrepreneurship Project (2012-2018).
IFDC is recruiting for 1-2 anticipated USAID Market Systems & Input Project(s) (2018-2022) that will serve to sustainably increase smallholder farmer incomes; increase the availability, affordability and accessibility of farm inputs; improve the nutritional status of women and children; and increase the resilience of the agriculture and food system to the changing climate using a market systems approach.
- Develop and implement project-related agribusiness activities including identification of new lead partners (i.e., agri-food companies or service-providers with strong inclusive business agendas) and facilitate the development of a transformative partnerships between agribusiness, farmer groups and service providers with an emphasis on market facilitation and agro-dealer market actors.
- In collaboration with other project specialists, partners and service providers translate value chain opportunities into viable business opportunities for the actors involved.
- Identify opportunities for developing improved market system development activities and tools and apply market systems approaches for the project.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Development, Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, Agriculture, Natural resources, International Relations or Social Sciences; Master’s degree preferred;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills;
- Fluency in English (oral and written) required;
- Strong analytical capacity;
- Willingness to travel extensively in Uganda.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of relevant work experience, including experience with a contractor or international NGO in a similar role, or experience working in private sector agri-businesses;
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience working on USAID-funded projects;
- Previous work experience working in market systems projects essential;
- Experience with activity design, development, and implementation
This position is open to Ugandan Nationals only, or individuals with work authorization in Uganda. Please only include a cover letter and a CV at this stage. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until release of the tender documents. Only selected candidates will be contacted. They will be invited for interviews including oral and written tests.
Closing Date for Application
June 30, 2018
USE THE FOLLOWING LINK TO APPLY; https://bit.ly/2wlhBft