About Open Capital Advisors
In 2010, we founded Open Capital Advisors, a management consulting and financial advisory firm that supports high-growth enterprises, innovative investors and industry-leading development partners to solve challenging problems in frontier markets. By offering deep, operationally-focused management support and creative strategic advice, we help open markets and transform industries. We have completed more than 300 engagements across dozens of industries spanning 20 countries in Africa. We are a global team of more than 50 full-time staff based in Nairobi, Kampala and Lusaka with experience from top global firms including the Boston Consulting Group, Credit Suisse, McKinsey, IFC and World Bank.
Administrative Assistant role
We are looking to hire an energetic Administrative Assistant with a high level of attention to detail to work full-time in our Kampala office. Our ideal candidate is a quick learner who is able to multi-task, prioritize many requests, ask for help when needed, and communicate well. Fluency in English and Luganda is required.
Candidates will be expected to type 20 words per minute when they start, increasing to 35 words per minute in their first 6 months. The candidate must have some prior work experience, though we will review candidates with a variety of backgrounds. A willingness to work hard and take on a range of tasks to support our growing team will be required.
Immediate responsibilities will include:
- Welcoming guests and clients
- Printing, copying and filing internal documents and client documents
- Dispatching & receiving deliveries, including cheques, cash, client contracts & important packages
- Overseeing internal office communications and external communications as needed, including some social media accounts
- Ordering lunch for the office
- Managing an office build-out, which will require liaising with contractors and other vendors
- Assisting in on-boarding new staff members and setting up training schedules
- Managing petty cash accounts in both Uganda Shillings & foreign currencies
- Organizing office events, e.g. food for special meetings
- Sourcing, procurement, and supplier management for office supplies & sundries to ensure adequate amounts on hand, ordering in advance
- Delivering and collecting company mail
- Booking meetings for the management team as appropriate
- Arranging logistics for the team, including planning lodging and taxis, coordinating paperwork, etc.
- Entering data into Excel templates
- Run errands, make coffee & tea for office meetings, ensure the office is clean, etc.
- Any other tasks as assigned by supervisor
We expect our Administrative Assistant to gain responsibilities over time, with training to include:
- Basic bookkeeping & accounting, including use of Quickbooks
- HR responsibilities
- Excel analysis
Hours: We expect our Administrative Assistant to work 9 hours per day Monday to Friday, typically 8am to 5pm, with up to a one-hour lunch break. In some cases, some work outside these hours may be needed and the Administrative Assistant should be open to this, so long as it is agreed in advance.
Expected salary: Compensation will depend on experience and prior recommendations. Pay will increase rapidly with excellent performance.