Deadline of this Job: 17th May 2019
The International Committee of Red Cross ( ICRC ) is a neutral and independent international humanitarian organisation, which assists and protects victims of armed conflicts and other situations of violence. The ICRC Delegation has an immediate opening for the following position:
Title: Administrative Assistant
Duty Station: Yumbe
Working hours: 40 hours a week
Reports to: Head of Office.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
• Ensures the implementation of the ICRC Uganda Financial Rules.
• Explains financial procedures to staff members and implements them according to the guidelines.
• Ensures a daily funds report from the accounting system to the Head of office.
• Participates in the closure of the monthly accounting and ensures approvals by Head of office.
Cash and Bank handling
• Handles all cash and bank transactions in relation with the office. Ensures that the office has enough funds to run the operations at any time.
• H andles bank reconciliations and funds request from Yumbe office
• Analyses certain expenses, ensures follow up and proposes corrective measures and explains any discrepancies or specific administrative financial issues to the Head of office.
• Handles minor purchases.
• Ensures respect of employment conditions and rules at all times and shares information with all staff
• Ensures respect of employment conditions for daily/ temporary workers at all times.
• Supervises the support staff for the office and residences.
• Ensures that the office and the residences have the necessary electricity and water.
• Ensures maintenance of premises and the replenishment of equipment when needed.
• Supervises renovation/ maintenance works and service providers
• Supervises the performance of the security companies.
• Carries inventories for equipment and furniture regularly.
Travel and accommodation
• Organises accommodation for new comers and visitors
• Handles the reception of visitors
• Organises the necessary facilitation to support planned field and events
• ICT relay in the field, updating the ICT department in Kampala on the functionality of ICT infrastructure.
Minimum required knowledge and experience:
• University degree in Business Administration
• 2 years’ work experience in a similar field
• Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and local language
• Very good computer skills
• Good planning and organisation skills
• Discrete and reliable person, trustful and rigorous
• Available for immediate deployment
Job Education Requirements: Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 2 years’
Job application procedure
Interested candidates will have to submit their application, CV and copies of only academic certificates/transcripts to:
firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 17 May 2019. Attach your documents as a single file/document.