Uganda Christian University was founded when the historic Bishop Tucker Theological College was promoted as a university in 1997. Bishop Tucker Theological College trained clergy and educators during its 84-year history from 1913-1997. The local chief, Hamu Mukasa, granted land for the college to operate in Mukono. International partnerships were part of the College’s missionary history. The Church Mission Society teamed with Ugandan leaders and others to assure the College had the necessary intellectual and other capital. By the late 1990s, the Church of Uganda sought to have a broader impact on society through the higher education – not only of clergy but of other professionals as well. Uganda Christian University was established in 1997.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer hospitality to all people that come to office including students, staff and visitors.
- Proper filing and record management.
- Ensure that chapel programmes are circulated to responsible speakers on time.
- Ensure that speakers are reminded on time and for any changes to inform the Chaplain as soon as possible.
- Coordinate students’ activities like missions and outreaches.
- Ensure that all bookings for guests is done on time.
- Ensure that eats and drinks are made available to the choirs and ministers every Sunday.
- Coordinate any other programme as assigned by the Chaplain.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized Institution of Higher learning.
- A minimum of two years of working experience performing administrative tasks.
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, Power point and internet).
- Experience of serving as a warden or in any ministry teams of UCU is an added advantage.
- Experience in minute taking will be an added advantage.
- Must have good interpersonal skills especially when dealing with students, staff and visitors.
- Should be a believer with a profound testimony. An Anglican with a history of ministry in church will be an added advantage.
- Must be able to work under minimum supervision and under pressure to meet deadlines and be available to work after normal working hours and over weekends (Monday to Sunday).
- Must be a committed and practicing Christian with good interpersonal and time management skills.
How to Apply
All candidates should send two (2) copies of an application letter together with an updated Curriculum Vitae and two references (Leadership & Pastoral), Two (2) copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts Address to: The Director, Human Resource & Administration Uganda Christian University Pilkington Building Po Box 4, Mukono Deadline: 30th November 2018 by 5:00p