The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Finance, Compliance and Administration Director for USAID/Uganda's Integrated Community, Agriculture, and Nutrition (ICAN) Activity, which will aim to sustainably enhance the resilience of vulnerable households by increasing economic opportunities for poor households, improving nutrition with a focus on women and children, and strengthening community and local governance. The position will be based in Kampala, Uganda We are looking for individuals who are committed to exceeding expectations and who strive to improve the lives of people worldwide.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Chief of Party, the Finance, Compliance and Administration Director is responsible for overseeing financial, contractual, operations, and personnel activities to meet program objectives. The FCA Director will support the COP in representing the project to and building relationships with ICAN partner organizations. This will include, but is not limited to the following:
- Establish ICAN's administrative framework to monitor and assure progress toward achievement of the Activity's goals and objectives.
- Plan and direct project schedules and monitor budgets and spending. Organize ICAN activities to ensure completion of the project on schedule and within budget.
- Provide ongoing financial administration to the project, including approvals of purchase requisitions, consultant agreements, and vendor invoices.
- Supervise all administrative, finance, IT, grants, and project support staff.
- Manage the project budget and ensure the submission of timely and accurate program, financial, and procurement reports.
- Provide guidance and training to managers and staff to achieve project goals. Orient project staff to ensure their familiarity with program objectives, the project's policies and procedures, and quality standards.
- Other duties as required
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible experience supporting and managing USAID contracts and programs.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in professional financial analysis, accounting or auditing, preferably with an international organization or accounting firm.
- Proven expertise in USAID Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) for financial, contractual, personnel, and programmatic activity management. Familiarization and on-the-job training on US Government accounting and financial management.
- Excellent English language speaking, reading and writing skills are required.
- (6+) years of experience and bachelor degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Use the following link to apply: https://bit.ly/2NMWBT8