DIVISION: FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION
JOB TITLE: ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT
LEVEL OF WORK: LEVEL 3
Reports to: THE DIRECTOR
........ Reporting to the BUSINESS MANAGER
Main Job purpose:
- To support the Director in his engagements with the company
Distribution and Consultancy teams, as well as with external stakeholders.
- To lend a hand in the company’s business bidding, lobbying and
- To ensure that all company work is running smoothly and supported with all required office logistics.
Primary responsibilities of the position:-
- Book, Track & Coordinate Meetings & Appointments for the Director & the Consultancy Team.
- Ensure that meeting logistics e.g. Venue, refreshments, presentation equipment and transportation where necessary are in place to enable smooth and in time meetings.
- Maintain records for the Director and the Consultancy Team including but not limited to taking and storing meeting minutes as well as other research and administrative records.
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to Typing, photocopying, scanning, mailing and filing including Creating, editing and modifying various documents using Microsoft Office so as to be presented in a professional manner.
- Taking dictation, Preparing reports and Presentations, and maintaining appropriate filing.
- Coordinate both local and international Travel arrangements for the Director, Staff and Consultancy team, as well as for company guests as and when the need arises.
- Answer business phone calls (on office or private line) promptly and in a professional manner; and use good judgment to prioritize the distribution of messages in time.
- Attend to and Provide general support to office visitors and attend to reception duties.
- Responsible for keeping inventory of all office supplies, and requisitioning for replenishments as needed; and coordinate repairs of office equipment.
- Maintain and update a general list of contacts for all company stakeholders and liaisons
- Keep Track of and Act as a Follow up Liaison for matters discussed and agreed between (Senior) staff and the Director, as well as between the Director and external parties.
- Manage the Director’s office, Calendar and Daily schedules.
· Develop/ Update administrative systems for better efficiency; & coordinate office procedures.
· Manage the company’s website and general administrative emails and letters.
· Maintain utmost confidentiality and protect the company’s sensitive material.
- Perform any or all of the above assignments both within office, on the road, or outside of the station as and when the need arises.
- Coordinate basic Human Resource matters and concerns within the company and update the Director accordingly.
- Support in or coordinate in delivery of company communication to required destinations.
- Look out for, procure and support in bidding processes for company business
- Perform some basic Research duties/ assignments as and when required by the team.
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the Director from time to time.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) of the position:-
- Ensure that meetings and appointments are held
in time & without logistical hitches.
- Ensure that no meeting, business or
administrative deadline is forgotten or not met.
- Ensure that documented information is prepared
within time and with minimum errors.
- Ensure that all company travel arrangements and
documentation are done in time.
- Ensure no external grave complaints towards the company due to poor admin handli
- Ensure an updated list of company stakeholders at all times.
- Ensure neat filing, organization and neat
presentation of the Director’s office at all times.
- Ensure zero leakage of sensitive business
information to unqualifying staff or external publics.
- Ensure that all external company communication
is delivered to required destinations within time.
- Ensure that you are at office or at any other
pre-planned work locations on time at all times.
- Ensure that the office is tidy and clean at all
times both inside and outside.
- Ensure that there are no complaints of
unattended to visitors both physical and on phone.
- Ensure safety of company property.
- Ensure zero product safety incidents at the company premises. Required Academic qualifications and Experience:-
- Bachelors Degree in Secretarial or related studies
- Atleast 1 year of administrative support
- Proficient in all basic Microsoft Office Incl.
Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of operating and basic troubleshooting of standard office equipment e.g. Printers, Desk Tops, Laptops, Water Dispensers, etc.
- Previous experience in a Consultancy and Business Networking environment preferred
- Bilingual e.g. Knowledge of an extra foreign
language in addition to English is a plus
- Familiarity with a variety of office and
research concepts, practices, processes and procedures.
- Awareness of fundamental business principles as well as a broad understanding of the overall industry in which the business operate Vital Skills/ Competencies and attributes:-
- Ability to handle and or support multiple projects
- Ability to maintain utmost confidentiality in respect of all communication and dealings
- Ability to make sound judgment and reasonable decisions in the absence of direction
- Ability to stay focused and work effectively without constant and direct supervision
- Ability to utilize analytical skills and be able to effectively interpret and anticipate the business or teams’’ needs/ requirements on specific matters, as well as how to get those requirements availed
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Strong attention to detail and excellent
organizational skills required.
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a fast
paced and deadline driven environment.
- Must be able to maintain professionalism and a
positive service attitude at all times.
- Able to work beyond normal working hours or days
whenever the occasion warrants.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to consistently produce well thought‐out, professional reports and correspondences which are free of grammatical and spelling errors
- Ability to prioritize projects and strong
problem solving skills
- Good research skills and attention to detail
- Good analytical and strategic problem-solving
- High degree of creativity, resourcefulness and
calmness under pressure
- Good Reporting and Report Writing skills
- Pleasant personality with a fun, positive “can do” attitude and a good sense of humor
- Excellent relationship builder; able to demonstrate a high level of tact, discretion, and diplomacy with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrate flexibility and the ability to
maintain a positive demeanor in the midst of change both in work or personal
- Ability to interact professionally with stakeholders and associates at all times without fear or intimidation