1. Manage the day-to-day operations of the office
2. Perform cash management activities in accordance with company policy and procedures and provide Management with a daily report.
3. Manage operation and maintenance of office supplies and equipment such as printers, modem, fax, other consumables, etc.
4. Ensure procurement procedures and authorization procedures are followed
5. Sort incoming supplier quotations, invoices and payment requests and keep Management updated.
6. Ensure compliance with the statutory laws and health and safety standards – ensure all required documents are processed on time and are updated.
7. Print tax receipts as required and file all invoices, payments, and receipts
8. Keep track of store inventory and ensure proper storage of the same.
9. Maintain business contact database of potential clients and business partners.
10. Answer phone calls and customer questions in a professional manner.
11. Greet and welcome customers to build strong relationships.
12. Maintain safe and clean office workspace
13. Perform other duties as required.
1. A minimum of two years’ experience in a general office environment.
2. A minimum of a Diploma in Business Administration
3. Education and/or experience in a procurement and logistics company is a plus
4. Working knowledge of the Ugandan statutory requirements is a plus
1. Excellent command of spoken and written English and Kiswahili
2. Excellent organization, planning, and administration skills.
3. Computer literate: confident and proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, internet and data entry.
4. Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently.
5. Flexibility to adapt to all situations and work varied hours; possibly work weekends or evenings.
6. Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction.
7. High integrity