Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounts or any related discipline.
Experience: 10 years with a reputable Organization, preferably in a manufacturing setting
Work Location: Mukono - Uganda.
Salary Range: 8M UGX Gross
1. Posts customer payments by recording cash, cheques
2. Maintain records of debit and credit notes
3. Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining statements from customers
4. Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line; coordinating contact with collections department.
5. To ensure receivables are reconciled and are up to date.
6. To ensure that all receivables reports are in tune with ledger accounts
7. Coordinate with internal and statutory auditors for receivables related queries.
8. Ensure records are kept as per IFRS-9
9. Petty cash is controlled up to date, to ensure to provide monthly cash certificate.
10. Inter-company sales records are maintained on monthly basis
11. Costing sheet for trading sales to be prepared based on data provided by Head office.
12. Debit notes from sister concern received to be entered on monthly basis.
13. Calculation of profit component for trading sales.
14. Carrying out Financial Audits.
15. Supervising the Assistant Accounts Manager.
1. At least 10 years of experience in a similar role, preferably, a manufacturing setting
2. CPA complettion or CPA level III is an added advantage
3. Willing to work in or relocate to Mukono
To express interest in this role, send your CV to email@example.com and use " Accountant-Mukono" as the subject. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and this position will be open till it is filled.