Greenlight Planet is a social, for-profit business that designs, distributes, and finances solar-powered home energy products, with an underserved population in mind: the 1.3 billion global consumers for whom the old-fashioned electrical grid is either unavailable or too expensive.
Over a decade in business, the company is now a leading global brand in emerging markets across Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. Greenlight's Sun King™ products provide modern light and energy to 30 million people in more than 60 countries.
From the company's wide range of trusted Sun King™ solar lamps and home energy systems, to its innovative distribution partnerships, to its EasyBuy™ pay-as-you-go consumer financing model, Greenlight Planet continuously strives to meet the evolving needs of the off-grid market.
Greenlight stays in touch with underserved consumers' needs in part by operating its own direct-to-consumer sales network, including thousands of trusted sales agents in local communities. But to reach most consumers, GreenLight partners with hundreds of last-mile distribution companies, ranging from small retail wholesalers, to the world's largest micro-finance institutions, mobile network operators, and energy companies.
Today, with over 900 full-time employees in 11 countries, we remain continuously impressed at how each new team member contributes unique and innovative solutions to the global off-grid challenge, from new product designs, to better training strategies, to more efficient logistical and after-sales service systems. We listen closely to each other to improve our products, our service, and ultimately, the lives of underserved consumers.
Reporting to: Associate Manager, Finance
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
The role will include but not limited to Receiving, Processing & Verifying Supplier Invoices, Confirming Customer Receipts, Reconciling and Adjusting Supplier & Customers Ledgers, Bank Reconciliations, and timely Recording of Transactions.
Key responsibilities for the role include
- Reconciliation of processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Receive and process all Purchase Orders, Invoices, Expense Forms, and request for payments
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly reconciliations of Cash, Bank and Mobile Money Accounts.
- Confirmation of Customer Receipts and follow up on Customer Accounts that are overdue.
- Maintaining filing systems of all accounting and finance documents and vouchers in a manner which ensures ease in retrieval and reference.
- Charge expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Scheduling and preparing payments on the Payment Tracker.
- Reconciliation and Adjustment of Accounting Ledgers by Verifying and Posting Account Transactions and subsequent matching of the same.
- Verifies Vendor and Customer Accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Disburses petty cash by recording entry; verifying documentation.
- Assist in the filing of VAT Returns as well as Reconciliation of the same.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes Accounting and Organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Any other duties as assigned.
The ideal Accounts Associate has:
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, or any related other related field. CPA/ACCA Qualification will be an added advantage.
- Must be Computer literate; proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must have strong Analytical and Communication skills.
- Team player and proactive to learn.
- Must be honest and of high integrity.
- Must be able to work under pressure with strict deadlines and with minimal or no supervision.
- Proficient in Data Entry and Management.
- 2-3 years Accounts Payable or General Accounting Experience.
- Organizing and Prioritizing.
- Attention to Detail and Accuracy.
- Effective Communication Skills.
- Effective Information Management Skills.
- Problem-Solving Skills.
- Team Work.
- Ability to meet Deadlines
We are looking for someone who is driven, passionate and excited about the opportunity to bring honest, affordable, energy to homes in Africa and Asia. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Greenlight Planet offers a competitive salary, a fun, supportive work environment and opportunities for continued professional growth within a fast-growing global enterprise.
Greenlight Planet believes in equal opportunity for all people, everywhere. It is the reason we exist! So, regardless of your race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, HIV/Aids status, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law, we will accept your application and make a decision based on your suitability for the position. https://bit.ly/2r0sxcn