NMS/ 2019/ 24: ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT
Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Reports to: Accountant- General Ledger Job Grade: NMS Grade 8
Duty Station: Entebbe
Job Purpose: To assemble primary documents, file them and use them for compiling revenue data and information.
KEY RESULT AREAS/ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Assist in obtaining documents that support the transaction history analysis of general ledger accounts and bank reconciliations.
2. Reconciliations of transactions from subsidiary accounts to General Ledger.
3. Assist in the filing of dispatch documents for Accountability of Vote 116 funds as and when required.
4. Assist in the filling and retrieval of documents required to support bank and General Ledger transactions as and when required.
5. Assist in the movement of Finance and Accounts documents.
6. Assist in the cash book generation.
7. To identify any risk (s) noted during the course of execution of your duties and formally report to your immediate supervisor
8. Perform any other duties from time to time as assigned by the supervisor.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
i. An Honors Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting, or Bachelor of Commerce.
ii. Stage 2 of ACCA OR CPA.
iii. Computer Literacy in Excel and Accounting packages
iv. Two (2) years’ experience in Accounts Department of a commercial entity.
Job application procedure
Details are available on our website: www.nms.go.ug
Interested applicants should submit application letters together with curriculum vitae, copies of academic documents transcripts, names and contact details of there referees to the Chief Human Resource and’ Administration Officer not later than Friday 24th May 2019 at the address below,
Chief Human Resource and Administration Officer
National Medical Stores
P.O Box 16, Entebbe
Plot 4-16 Nsamizi Road
Note: Only shortlisted’ candidates will be contacted. if you don’t hear from us, one month from the date or closure of receipt of applications, consider your application unsuccessful Please note that Medical Stores reserves the right to verify documents attached with the relevant awarding institutions to authenticate their validity. Any form of canvassing will lean to automatic disqualification. National Medical Store: is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants who had previously applied tor the position of Senior Maintenance Engineering Officer are encouraged to re apply.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.