Deadline of this Job: 28th February 2019
Duty Station: Mbale , Uganda , East Africa , 256
JOB TITLE: Accounts Assistant
Job Grade: MCRI salary Scale Level 5 step 1
Reports To: Accountant
Direct Reports: None
Employment Category: Contract
Duty Station: Mbale-Uganda
• Responsible for all bookkeeping including handling and reconciliation of petty cash.
• Assist the Accountant in reconciling supplier and customer accounts by receiving and reviewing invoices/payment requests submitted for payments.
• Prepare requisitions in accordance with laid down procedures for services received by the Institute.
• Maintain a filling system relating to all financial and administration information/ documents of the Institute.
• Ensuring that all processes are followed and all correct forms and documents are completed according to the relevant processes and dully signed, prior to effecting payments.
• Ensure payment documents are properly and promptly stamped as “PAID”.
• Assist the Accountant to record financial transactions in the SAGE Accounting software to ensure that projects reflect complete expenditures for the month.
• Ensure all new assets are properly tagged before they are dispatched to users.
• In consultation with the Accountant, organize and maintain MCRI store records.
• Updating and implementing all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improving the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
• Undertake any other duties as shall be assigned from time to time.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
Necessary skills & attributes
• A minimum of two years’ experience doing accounting work
• Hands on experience in the use of spreadsheets and donor fund management
• Understanding the application of Generally accepted accounting principles and Financial Reporting Standards.
• Knowledge and experience in computerized accounting systems.
• Skills in Basic Accounting and Bookkeeping.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in performing the Finance duties.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Honesty and Integrity
• Fluent in English
• Written and spoken.
• Ability to meet assigned deadlines, support team members and uphold team spirit.
• Part professional accounting qualifications
• CPA Level 3 BUT CPA level 4 preferred.
• A graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance or other relevant discipline is an added advantage.
Job application procedure
If you are the right candidate, please send your application letter plus the following:
• An up-to-date CV, highlighting relevant skills and experience (presented in relation to each of the responsibilities and each of the experience areas listed above)
• The names and contacts of three referees, and a daytime contact telephone number of each of them.
• Copies of Academic certifi cates and transcripts for O’ level, A’ level, Under-graduate, post-graduate and professional qualifi cations.
• The names and contacts of your immediate supervisor(s) in your current or immediate previous jobs.
• Your daytime contact telephone number; and
• A statement and proof of current remuneration Package
Please submit your application electronically to:
The Human Resource Manager
Mbale Clinical Research Institute
Plot 29-33, Pallisa Road
P.O Box 1966, Mbale
Tel: +256 454660416
Email: email@example.com , www.mcri.ac.ug
Closing Date: 28th February 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 5th March and interview will take place between 11th -15th March 2019.