A. Job Purpose:
To ensure support of the Finance and Administration department by performing clerical tasks, including processing and recording transactions, preparing reports and budgets, fielding communications with customers and vendors, fact-checking, filing, and other duties, as needed.
1. To prepare Management Accounts and Statutory Financial Statements as per IFRS, in accordance with set procedures;
2. To ensure that Financial Statements and reports are fully compliant with legal and regulatory requirements;
3. To understand the internal control aspect of the businesses and assist clients accordingly
4. To file VAT returns
5. To file PAYE and NSSF returns
6. To maintain a FAR (Fixed Assets Register) manually and on a specialized software
7. To perform bank reconciliations manually and on an accounting software
8. To perform debtors and creditors reconciliations manually and on an accounting software
9. Monthly Invoicing and following up with collections
10. Assist in all other secretarial work and office communication, e.g preparation of letters and documents.
11. Any other duties as may be assigned.
C. Qualifications/Experience and Competencies:
1. Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting/Finance or related from a recognized university
2. ACCA or CPA partly qualified is an added advantage;
3. A minimum of 2 years’ experience within the accounting field; and
4. Conversant with accounting software (like QuickBooks, Sage One, Tally and so on)
5. Fluent in oral and written English;
6. Pro-active with a team-oriented behavior;
7. Able to handle pressure and prioritize to meet tight deadlines;
8. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential;
9. Sound analytical and problem-solving skills
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION BY CLICKING ON THE APPLY NOW BELOW. ONLY APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED THROUGH THE BRIGHTERMONDAY PORTAL WILL BE CONSIDERED