Reports to: Chief
Operations Officer (COO) & General Manager
About Sseko Designs:
Sseko Designs is an ethical fashion brand that hires high potential women to make leather products, Apparel and Jewelry and to support opportunities for sustainable livelihood. We believe that every woman has a dream. When she is given the opportunity to pursue those dreams, we are collectively walking towards a brighter and more just and beautiful world.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
● Enter expenses daily
● Perform the monthly accounting closeout
● Ensure financial controls and inventory controls are followed by all staff
● Prepare invoices & export shipping documentation
● Reconcile Bank Statements
● Prepare financial statements monthly & reviewing for accuracy
● Work closely with the external auditor regarding the monthly financial statement and controls review
● Assemble information for external auditors for the annual audit
● Maintain an orderly filing system
● File VAT & work with URA to collect VAT Refunds
● Process payroll and file PAYE & NSSF Reports
● Compile impact statistics based on survey results
● Provide clerical and administrative support to the office to ensure things are professional, organized, and well documented
● Supervise regular inventory counts
● Analyse inventory balances and periodic inventory counts to identify wastage or improper reporting
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
Candidates should 3+ years of accounting experience, including responsibility for overall financial reporting. A Bachelor's or Associate's degree in accounting is required. Preference will be given to candidates with a working knowledge of the Quickbooks or Chartered Accountant Designation.
Languages: Fluency in English, (both oral and written) is required.
● Professionalism: Shows pride in work and in achievements; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges and remains calm in stressful situations
● Planning & Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
● Leadership - Serves as a role model that other people want to follow: empowers others to translate vision into results; is proactive in developing strategies to accomplish objectives; establishes and maintains relationships with a broad range of people to understand needs and gain support; anticipates and resolves conflicts by pursuing mutually agreeable solutions; drives for change and improvements; does not accept the status quo; shows the courage to take unpopular stands.
Deadline: March 1 2019