Position: Book keeper/Accountant
Organization: Sawa World Uganda
Duty station:Kampala|Full Time
Reports to: Founder and Country Director
submission: October 25th 2018
About the Company
Sawa World is an international NGO that uses an innovative approach to ending extreme poverty by providing large-scale access to local solutions that are created by people living in extreme poverty. Sawa World uses an innovative approach to self-empower 1.2 billion people out of extreme poverty with their own solutions. We provide large-scale access to local solutions that are created by the very people living in extreme poverty.
Sawa World is looking for an experienced accountant to manage the accounting operations by verifying our financial transactions and records.
Conducting, managing, and supervising all accounting tasks for Sawa World Uganda, including but not limited to:
· Conduct monthly reconciliations of all income and expenses and report these to the main offices
· Setting up and processing payroll and submit the required deductions and managing other payments
· Submit monthly income tax filing and other needed reporting such as to the NGO Board.
· Preparing budgets and managing invoices and submitting them for approval in a timely manner
· Keeping highly organized filing system of all accurate records of all deposits and expenditures to, from, and within Sawa World
· Preparing budgets for projects on a monthly and quarterly basis. Advice on budget status to Country Director and Founder.
· Working with the Country Director to ensure that all accounting procedures are followed correctly, and that guidelines are kept current
· Communicating on a regular basis with our accounting representatives in Vancouver, Canada
· 5+ years of professional accounting experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from any accredited university or institution of learning
· A CPA designation is a strong asset, but not absolutely required
· Proficiency with a variety of accounting software systems, including QuickBooks
· Proficiency with advanced level Excel spreadsheets
· Strong organizational skills
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills
· Sociable personality, enjoy working with a team of young people and being self-driven
· A passion for the vision and goals of Sawa World
Job application procedure
Interested candidates can send their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and use "Accountant" as the subject.