Since 1993, Hospice Africa Uganda (HAU) (national organization) has promoted modern methods of pain and symptom control as well as “whole-person” (holistic) care for patients living with cancer and HIV/AIDS. HAU strives to uphold excellent clinical standards and provide quality education courses and advocacy activities to promote the spread of palliative care throughout Uganda and Africa. Hospice Africa Uganda has a head office in Kampala, site offices in Mbarara and Hoima Districts. HAU wishes to recruit dynamic, skilled, and caring Ugandans committed to palliative care to fill the following positions:
• Ensures that the cash management process is effectively and efficiently done
▪ Maintains accurate financial records of HAU; including Debtors and creditors; Coordinates tuition payment plans for the students according to the fees policy;
▪ Prepare as needed weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports and analysis; Support and guide HAU team members in financial matters; Prepare donor reports as designated by supervisor; Prepare and constantly update the Finance office procedures manual
• Post all primary transactions into the HAU computerized accounting system and in time; Manage the setup and maintenance of computerized accounting records; Develops coding processes for student waivers and exemptions
• Ensure that bank reconciliations are done timely and accurately for all HAU Banks Accounts and maintain sound working relationships with banks and other financial institutions in accordance with state statutes
▪ Assist in the preparation of internal and external audit programs and participate in the entire audit process
▪ Able to prepare and examine financial data and processing the same, for review, analysis, and report.
▪ Able to implement and advise other team members on best procurement practices
A degree in Accounting with; ACCA, CPA or CIMA; Accounting professional qualification;
At least 3 years of cumulative working experience in the same field. Experience in a health Institution work environment is an added advantage.
How to Apply: Qualified and interested candidates may hand deliver, email or post a detailed resume with a typed cover letter indicating three work-related referees to the address below. Emails must not exceed 2MB.
The deadline for receiving applications is 4th October 2019.
The Human Resource and Administration Manager
Hospice Africa Uganda
P.O. Box 7757 Kampala Plot 130,