National Medical Stores is an autonomous Corporation that was
established by an Act of Parliament in 1993. Our mandate is to procure, store
and distribute medicines and other medical supplies to health facilities.
Our vision is “A POPULATION WITH ADEQUATE AND ACCESSIBLE QUALITY MEDICINES AND MEDICAL SUPPLIES”
Our Mission is “TO EFFECTIVELY AND EFFICIENTLY SUPPLY ESSENTIAL MEDICINES AND MEDICAL SUPPLIES TO HEALTH FACILITIES IN UGANDA”
We are now looking for competent persons who possess appropriate skills, knowledge and right attitude to fill vacant positions which have either fallen vacant or have been created in the NMS structure. Applications are now invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions;
NMS/2019/22: ACCOUNTANT (PAYROLL)
Job Title: Accountant (Payroll)
Reports to: Senior Accountant- Cost and Management Job Grade: Grade 6
KEY RESULT AREAS/ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Implementing approved payroll payment processes and update related accounts
2. Preparing and submitting tax and other statutory deductions including PAYE, NSSF, VAT, LST (Local Service Tax)
3. carrying out banking on daily basis and generating weekly banking reports
4. Reconciling of specific staff accounts by capturing payments, Posting recoveries and other necessary applications
5. Reconciling of specific staff accounts by capturing payments, posting recoveries and other necessary applications
6. To identify any risk(s ) noted during the course of execution of your duties and formally report to your immediate supervisor
7. Performing any other duties assigned by Supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
i. Honors Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Finance and statistics
ii. Stage 2 of ACCA or CPA
iii. computer literate with competence in MS Office Suite
3 years of accounting work experience
Details are available on our website: www.nms.go.ug
Interested applicants should submit application letters together with curriculum vitae, copies of academic documents transcripts, names and contact details of there referees to the Chief Human Resource and’ Administration Officer not later than Friday 24th May 2019 at the address below,
Chief Human Resource and Administration Officer
National Medical Stores
P.O Box 16, Entebbe
Plot 4-16 Nsamizi Road
Note: Only shortlisted’ candidates will be contacted. if you don’t hear from us, one month from the date or closure of receipt of applications, consider your application unsuccessful Please note that Medical Stores reserves the right to verify documents attached with the relevant awarding institutions to authenticate their validity. Any form of canvassing will lean to automatic disqualification. National Medical Store: is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who had previously applied tor the position of Senior Maintenance Engineering Officer are encouraged to re apply.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.