Job Title: Accountant
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
Asaak is a Financial Technology (FinTech) company operating in Soroti and Kampala and looking to extend its coverage.
The Accountant at Asaak will be responsible for the financial and accounting transactions of the company. He or She files taxes and manages financial accounts.
Asaak is looking for an experienced, highly motivated and disciplined Accountant with a passion for entrepreneurship, fintech, and financial inclusion to join our team.
● Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations, and provide insights and commentary.
● Take ownership of Accounts Payable and process and post daily transactions.
● Preparation of bank payments and reconciliations, and lead communication with bank.
● Record and manage prepayments and accruals ledgers, ensuring accuracy of timing of expenses
● Assist Operations team with recording and tracking of company inventory
● Support in the development of effective chart of accounts, and assign entries to proper accounts
● Support the implementation of internal controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures
● Assist in audit preparation and managing the process.
● Assist in filing Corporate Income Taxes and any other taxes as may be required.
● Assist with maintenance of Accounting Policies & Procedures Manual
● Assist in the preparation of monthly financial reporting and ad hoc reporting as necessary
● Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards
Required Skills & Qualifications/Experience
● Hold a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, microfinance, or any related field.
● Have at least 3-5 years of experience in Accounting and financial analysis.
● Detail-oriented, with a highly developed sense of reliability and accuracy
● Strong analytical and problem solving skills
● Trustworthiness and willingness to take responsibility
● Outstanding written and verbal communications skills (English)
● Experience and proficiency in accounting software tools preferably QuickBooks.
● Entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative nature
● Strong work ethic and integrity
● A passion for Asaak services such as SME lending, motorbike financing, financial software solutions.
How to apply:
Please e-mail your CV and academic documents to email@example.com with 'Accountant Kampala' as the subject line. If selected for an interview, you must keep time. Candidates who are late to interviews are disqualified automatically.
Deadline: 9th December 2019 by 5:00 pm and interviews will be conducted as applications come through. Asaak offers equal opportunities to all candidates and therefore only short-listed candidates will be notified. No phone inquiries, please.