The Alliance of Mayors and Municipal Leaders’ Initiative for Community Action on Health and HIV at the Local Level (AMICAALL) is a continental Association of Urban Local Authorities (City, Municipalities and Town Councils), Mayors and other Urban Leaders committed to support sustainable solutions to local urban health challenges. AMICAALL Uganda is registered and operates as an NGO. The Mission is “To support the building of an effective and coordinated urban health and HIV&AIDS response. In line with our Strategic Program Priority Area
– Leadership, Policy, Advocacy and Social Mobilization; AMICAALL Uganda has secured funding from the Democratic Governance Facility (DGF) to implement an 18-months “Strengthening Democratic Governance within Urban Authorities” Project. The vacancies listed below will primarily be filled to implement the project, but some maybe retained in the main structure.
JOB TITLE: ACCOUNTANT
DUTY STATION: AMICAALL UGANDA NATIONAL
SECRETARIAT, KAMPALA, UGANDA
REPORTS TO: FINANCE MANAGER
DURATION: PROJECT; 18 months, RENEWABLE
• Prepare Receipts and expenditure Statements and Summary Schedules for the inclusion in the periodic reporting to the Donors and the Annual Audit of the Secretariat;
• Assist in periodic review of operating Project Budgets to analyze trends affecting budget needs
• consult with Programme Managers to ensure adjustments are made in accordance with Programme changes so as to facilitate long-term planning;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The ideal candidate MUST hold a Bachelors’ degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration majoring in Accounting.
• He/She should also be partly qualified or completed a professional accounting qualification like ACCA, CPA (U).
• The applicant should have 5 years of relevant experience in grants and Finance management managing donor funds, working with a Non
• Government entity.
• Should have advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel and accounting packages such as QuickBooks.
• The applicant should have ability to work with minimal supervision.
How to Apply
Please deliver your application by email, registered mail/courier or by hand in an envelope clearly sealed and labeled with the position you are applying for. Ensure you have also enclosed a resume indicating names of 3 recent professional references and copies of relevant Academic documents/testimonials to. Originals of testimonials will be required during interviews. Write to: The Country Director, AMICAALL Uganda Chapter, Plot 1658, Clovis Road, Kampala, P.O. Box 26323 Kampala, UGANDA or Email to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org . Closing Date: 24th May 2019 by 4PM. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please visit: www.amicaalluganda.org for details of each job